About the planning approvals tool
Our planning approvals process is moving online to make it easier for you to lodge your application, and track it’s progress.
What is changing?
Our new, self-service pre-application enquiry facility, and planning application submission tool, will allow you to manage the whole approvals process online. Multiple hard copy documents, USB drives and discs are a thing of the past!.
When will this be available?
Our online tool is available for all new planning applications from Wednesday 8 March 2017.
What does it involve?
There are two stages to the online application process:
- Pre-application enquiry: get in touch with our planning team to confirm what information you’ll need to submit to complete a successful application
- Submit an application: submit your project details and supporting documentation for Sydney Airport and Airport Building Controller approvals. It’s simple – one submission to manage all your required approvals.
Why has Sydney Airport moved the process online?
Our online planning tool will make it easier for you to submit and manage your application in a secure, web-based cloud environment. The online tool:
- Supports our commitment to sustainability by reducing the need for hard copy submissions;
- Creates a single source for everything relating to your application;
- Allows your application to be tracked in real time as it moves through the approvals process and;
- Allows you to directly engage with the planning team online throughout the approvals process.
Questions and enquiries
For more information, please call +61 2 9667 9080 or email us.
The Airport Planning Consent - External Applicant User Guide is available once signed in on infoSyd, under Operating at Sydney Airport, Airport Planning Consent: User Guides.