Applying for an ASIC
You should apply for your ASIC as soon as you can, prior to starting work at the airport. Once submitted, the process takes about six weeks, but could take longer.
Please note that we are no longer accepting online applications.
Please follow the steps below to apply for your ASIC:
- Download and complete the ASIC Application Form.
- Read and review the Auscheck Privacy Notice.
- Ensure your completed application form is signed by the authorised signatory from your employer
- Review our identification requirements page before you lodge your application
- Submit your form along with the required documentation in person to ID and Access Services here or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Sydney Airport Security Awareness Guide. This guide provides staff working at the airport with information on security, contact details and security obligations
- Undertake and pass the Sydney Airport security awareness test either in person at ID and Access Services or via the link emailed to you. During the test, you’re not permitted to refer to the Sydney Airport Security Awareness guide, use your mobile phone, take photos of the questions or seek assistance to answer the questions.
- Staff will conduct an identification check prior to submitting your application. If the documentation provided does not meet requirements, these will need to be sourced and resubmitted prior to the lodgement of your application. Document requirements can be found on the identification requirements page
- The relevant fee will be charged prior to lodging your application with the Australian Government. If you have lodged your application via email, your documentation will be verified in-person on collection of your card. During this verification process, if your documentation does not match or meet requirements, you may be liable for a fee to resubmit your application
Collecting your ASIC
Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email advising that your ASIC is ready for collection from ID and Access Services, during office hours.
To collect your ASIC, you must:
- have successfully completed the relevant Security Awareness test either in-person at an Airport Services Centre or via the link emailed to you at the time you submitted your application
- have a photo taken
- if you initially applied for a ‘Job Ready’ application, any outstanding fees must be paid
- bring the relevant documentation as follows. If you lodged your application:
a) in person - you must have either a passport or valid driver’s licence to collect your ASIC
b) via email - you will be required to bring all original documents provided at the time of lodgement for verification. Copies will be kept on file. Should your documents not meet requirements, your application will need to be resubmitted and related fees will apply
If you have an existing ASIC or visitor pass/card, please bring it with you, as we’re unable to issue your new ASIC without it being returned.
If you’re delayed in collecting your card, please contact us. If you fail to collect your new ASIC within 90 days of it being approved, your application and card will be cancelled.