Thursday 2 November 2022
- T’way Air will commence new four-weekly direct Sydney to Seoul Incheon service from 24 December 2022
- Delivers better connectivity between Australia and Republic of Korea
- T’way Air will operate the route with a 347 seat Airbus A330-300
Sydney Airport has secured Korean low-cost carrier T’way Air’s first long haul service with a new four-weekly direct to Seoul Incheon boosting tourism from this important market and delivering greater connectivity between the two gateway cities in Australia and Republic of Korea.
T’way Air’s inaugural Australian services, which will operate on the airline’s new Airbus 330-300 configured with 12 business and 335 economy seats, provides travellers with greater choice in booking low-cost international air travel.
Geoff Culbert, CEO Sydney Airport, said: “We’re delighted to deliver an Australian first by securing Korean low-cost carrier T’way Air, delivering greater choice to passengers and helping to grow this important tourism market.
“The Republic of Korea is Sydney’s seventh largest inbound visitor market and Australia is in strong demand amongst Korean residents with Sydney providing the gateway to regional travel. These services will ensure we can continue to meet that demand.”
Mr. Hyung-Yi Kim, Senior Vice President T’way Air said: “It is very meaningful to add Sydney as the first long haul route of T’way Air. As Republic of Korea and Sydney have built networks in many areas such as tourism, economy and education, we would like to contribute to provide greater connectivity between the two destinations.”
Notes to Editors
- Flight details subject to Government approval.
- T’way Air provides free in-flight meals and checked baggage services, which are essential for long-distance travel, to facilitate convenient air travel.
- Flights with T’way Air from Sydney to Seoul Incheon start from AUD $314 one-way.